Part dessert, part nutritious pick me up, and all deliciousness. You won’t be able to keep these around long enough in your house! Whether you need a quick snack or after dinner treat, Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls will hit the spot and not leave you with any “food guilt”. I know I keep a batch on hand in the freezer, and my kids and husband even love them.
How do these delicious, peanut buttery bites improve your day? Simple! They provide sustained energy (yay for chia seeds), make you feel fuller longer (hello again beautiful chia seeds), and the delicious peanut butter with hint of sweetness hits the sweet spot for the dessert cravings! If you leave out the chocolate chips and honey, the “secret” sweetness is from the protein powder, which also provides that extra kick of protein you’re looking for. And wow do they go great with a hot cup of coffee!
chocolate peanut butter protein ball Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3-4 Tablespoons protein powder of choice
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 Tablespoons MCT Oil (or melted coconut oil)
- if you do not use honey, or only have regular peanut butter on hand, use 5-6 Tablespoons oil
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) chocolate chips (optional)
- Baker’s Dark Chocolate chunks have the lowest sugar content in my local store, and still taste amazing
- 1-2 Tablespoons Honey (optional)
Place all ingredients into a 7 cup or larger food processor. Mix on low (might need to pulse a couple of times) until well blended. Batter should be sticking together. If it’s too “wet”, add a bit more rolled oats (and/or combo of rolled oats, flax, peanut butter powder, or other similar “dry” ingredient). If it’s too “dry” add a bit more MCT oil or honey, 1 Tablespoon at a time. Pulse each time you add additional ingredients to ensure mixture does not go to the opposite extreme!
Roll chocolate peanut butter protein balls into 1 inch sized balls and store in freezer.